23.5.12

What's the point of wearing clothes?

So, if you didn't already know, I'm in high school. We have a dress code that we are expected to follow. This includes things like:
No leggings worn as outerwear, i.e. pants
Sleeves covering from the base of your neck to the base of your shoulder, about 2 inches for me
Pants falling no higher than 6 inches above the middle of your knee

When did wearing a bandeau or bra with a completely see-through or lace top become appropriate? How did you make it out of your house wearing essentially just a bra? And what makes you think it's a good idea?

When did this become a fashion, to dress so that you really aren't fully clothed?

Everyone at my school says that they do this because the school officials don't care. I decided to test that hypothesis, and wore a white corset under a black lace shirt. Essentially I was just wearing a white corset....
Not a single teacher had anything to say about this. They also say nothing about wearing skirts or shorts that show off the bottom of your bottom. I've been walking through the hallway or up the stairs and gotten a look at way more than I wanted to see. 

I guess my point is what's wrong with our society that makes it okay to come to a public place such as school barely covering your private parts? 

Rant over.
Carpe Kairos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment