3.5.12

Worth the Pain

My dance studio does a recital every May. This year the theme is Fierce, and let me tell you, practicing the dances has been a fierce experience. Our pointe dance alone is about 4 minutes, and it's to the theme song from Jurassic Park! I'm sure some dancer out there is reading this and saying "4 minutes, that isn't hard at all. why are you complaining?" Well, I complain because pointe is neither my strongsuit nor my favourite. It's painful, and I have a hard time making it seem as effortless and graceful as the rest of the class. Other songs in our show are:
Seven Nation Army
Micheal Jackson Mashup
Killer Queen
Cruella DeVille

You get the picture? There's more, but I don't want to name them all. But they add up to a full-body-sore-muscle and bruised knees the week of prom. Luckily my dress is long.... With as much complaining as I'm doing, I should say that it's all worth it to go out on the stage for our May show and think, "nailed it!"

Another thing: I start my job on Friday, since we have no school. I actually get to sleep in later when I have to get up for school. :/

Carpe Kairos, if you have the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment