5.2.12

Extremely Sad & Incredibly Intense

As you could probably guess from the title of this post, it's about the new movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I just watched it in theaters today with a girlfriend of mine, and we both cried our eyes out. The plot of the movie itself was good, and the acting was good(in my opinion). It is a complicated movie to explain though, so I won't try in case I mess it up. I would recommend this movie for a girls night, or maybe a Mother-Daughter movie night, but guys be warned. This isn't a chick flick. It's a(very sad) story of how 9/11 affected one family, and how that one family touched so many other lives. I would definitely recommend seeing it to everyone, though, just not with a person you don't want to see you cry.

And now because I'm in a media sort of mood, and also have been wanting to start reading again, I will ask you help.

The Mission: For you, my dear readers, to comment with the title of any book you think is moving, heart-warming, thought-provoking, or life-changing. Also, to leave a small description if the whimsy strikes you.

The Reward: I will do my best to read your book, and will create a post just for you with my thoughts on aforementioned book.

My Example: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. This is a story of life in Afghanistan. It is told from the perspective of two different girls, whose lives cross in a very unexpected way. This is a book about the daily sacrifices a daughter makes for/ because of her family, a girl makes for her heart, a wife makes for her husband, and a mother makes for her children.

Now go forth and accept this challenge if you dare. Please don't disappoint me, I really need new material!

Carpe Kairos.




No comments:

Post a Comment