29.1.12

The Little Things

Have you ever noticed how it's the little things that make or break your day?
Like yesterday, one of my friends came home from college in Stillwater and brought me Chik-Fil-A, simply because I said it was my favourite fast food. I now have eaten 2 of the 3 sandwiches he brought, and couldn't be happier. Yes, I have plenty to stress over today, like a book I have to finish reading by Tuesday, or a poem I have to memorize by Monday (it's Sunday afternoon btdubs). I could, and should be, worried about finishing my homework. But instead I'm blissing out with Indie music and Chik-Fil-A.

Speaking of Indie music, if you want to listen to some really great playlists, check out my friend Kebree's radio mix. While you're at it, she does some fantastic photography, if you feel ambitious enough to go look at it. It's on Facebook, so I don't know if you'll need to log in or anything.

On another note, I've realized something lately. Almost all of my friends are immensely talented at one thing or another. I have a friend who sings in an Irish band, another who is into almost everything musical. One who is a beautiful dancer, and made things like National Merit Scholar and OU Honors. There are so many more, I could go on for hours. I'mm just not sure if having all these talented friends is a blessing or a curse. Most likely it's a bit of both.

So I know this post had no real substance to it. Even reading back over it, I am thinking it is a little wishy-washy. But you, my beloved readers, will have to accept that. I will put more effort into my next post. If you have anything you want me to ramble about, just put suggestions into comment form. I might take the into account!

Until next time,
Carpe Kairos.

No comments:

Post a Comment